It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Last week hit the ground running as a crappy week and I was having trouble digging deep to find moments that stood out as being good.
Saturday was a really good day and it let some of the good things from the week before shine through.
Here’s a few of the good moments from the past couple of weeks:
- Seeing the acorn squash coming in
- Running into old friends
- Hugs from my G-d kids
- Being able to just take a sick day in the middle of the week
- My shows being back
- Seeing two of my best girls in the same day (yoga and dropped apple pick up)
- Criminal Minds date!
- Finding what I needed to see when I was literally and figuratively lost one day.
- Getting fun pics of giant pumpkin carving
- Gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix
- Upstairs being done! (Minus cleaning/organizing/packing)
- Decorating for fall with pumpkins and lights
- Grilled cheese sammiches
- Drinks and laughs with new friends.
- Laughing with NotSoSweetPea about ridiculousness.
- Dinner with Daddy-O
- Quiet dinners (even when they’re really late) with the guy I’ve been seeing.
- Helping out MsBix and a delightful if brief dinner with her
“The president is a festering turd.” – BatGirl I don’t even know where to start with this. It didn’t make me smile in the least, but it’s an important read. Trump Rolls Back Obama’s Birth Control Coverage Rule
- This is sort of interesting. What does your favorite color say about you according to color psychology?
I beg to differ. Love is an essential ingredient in baking. You can totally tell the difference when I’m feeling love to when I’m not FDA Says “Love” Is Not an Actual Ingredient, Sorry — Food News
The Cheerios are actually pretty good…10 Ridiculous Things That Are Pumpkin Spiced
It’s amazing what qualifies as necessary for a Bloody Mary bar these days – I Went To a 35-Foot-Long Bloody Mary Bar, and It Was Everything
- McSweeneys List: Classic Works of Children’s Literature as Described In My English Thesis
There’s some class acts in country music. This one is heavy after what happened in Vegas, but it’s a good one.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?