It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I think the biggest good thing from this past week was also the scariest. My friend Robbie had a very dangerous health situation but she’s okay now. Her surgery went well and she’s recovering.
So far, there aren’t any side effects, which is incredibly rare. It’s going to be a long road to recovery, I’m just so happy she’s okay.
But things don’t have to be big things to be good. Here’s a few of the other good moments from the week:
- Meeting my friend’s baby, catching up with her, and talking to him about his perfect baby comb-over.
- Running into friends at an event back home. I think I might really like living there when the house sells.
- A reasonably priced huge jar of artichoke hearts
- Two of my little swimmers getting big fixes to their swimming
- My first Stitch Fix. I did it wrong though and didn’t get photos for the blog.
- Gluten free pizza.
- People agreeing with me about Spectrum’s BS apologies. JUST FIX IT.
- Nobody seeing me cry because I couldn’t have a glazed donut on Saturday.
- New ideas for crochet patterns. I have no idea if it’ll work, but I’m excited to try!
- Great feedback on some work I submitted to a client.
- Oh Stephen… Stephen Colbert gives Hillary Clinton pictures of naked men as consolation prize
- Woah Freaky! Terrifying faceless illusion makeup is straight out of a Salvador Dali painting
- For real? Female Jogger Dubbed ‘Mad Pooper’ Wanted For Repeatedly Defecating In Neighborhood Yard [Video]
- Interesting read. What would your poem say? How to Live…and then some.
- McSweeneys List: Other Elton John Songs That Donald Trump Uses to Refer to World Leaders
Every once in awhile these guys hit me hard again. Good old 1994.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?