It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
A mutual friend wants to know why if I make a life sized cut out of BatGirl’s face it’s considered cute and fun, but if he does it’s considered creepy.
I told him that there’s a lot of things in life I can get away with that he can’t even if it doesn’t seem fair.
Let’s talk about some other fun things from last week, shall we?
- The end in sight of the house prep.
- Another short work week
- Getting cleared from the doc on blood pressure visits.
- Back yard drive in with some super fun people
- Getting to see one of my favorite swim moms
- Friends being happy
- These Caramel Apple Cider cookies being very well received
- Really tasty hard cider
- Being told I wouldn’t have to give up one of my favorite swimmers, that her parents goals for her still aligned with my abilities.
- A bunch of firsts even though one wasn’t super good (Seeing the Goonies, seeing a guy playing Top 40 hits on the acordian in the Target parking lot, and being told by my swim boss that one of the parents wanted a different instructor for her child. )
- An unexpectedly free evening
- Getting back to yoga class even if I don’t love the instructor. Maybe she’ll grow on me?
- Finishing up a bunch of crochet projects to take to the next show
- If I have the space, why not? No, You Can’t Keep A Hammerhead Shark In Your Basement Pool
- I’ve seen 1 how about you? (Not surprising I’ve seen so few, I’m not much of a romance movie kind of girl. They tricked me into seeing the one Nick Sparks movies I’ve seen.) 7 best films about summer romance that aren’t by Nicholas Sparks
- McSweeneys Real Life with Dick and Jane: A Children’s Primer
It was sort of a light week reading. I marked a lot as read because the headlines didn’t interest me.
It’s a good one. I think a lot of us can relate to this on some level.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?