It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I’m in an interesting – but really good – place. (Knock on wood, let’s not tempt fate here.)
Some of the really good/fun/best things that are happening? I can’t talk about here just yet. I have to talk to him about the whole blogging thing.
Also, some of my coolest pics? They’re of his kids and I’m not going there. At least not yet, maybe not ever.
There’s a whole lot of new to navigate and while I work some of that out, let’s see about some of the good things from last week I can share now.
- Being part of Coach Daddy’s 6 Words on who you’d back in time to hug…Go tell him who you’d like to hug.
- Short work week.
- Late night hugs and laughs
- Space to do what I need to do for me.
- Friends who have been there (and still are) to help navigate the new. Every situation is different, but knowing that some candid people I admire and respect have been there make it a little easier.
- Driving around the orchard in the buggy trying apples and laughing.
- Doors being painted
- Random people telling me I’m lovely. Sounds silly but sometimes it’s nice to hear.
- Really fricken awesome zucchini muffins.
- A great group of kids to come back to the pool to for the session! (So many smiles, high fives and a few hugs.)
- Delightful lunch with a colleague and our previous boss.
- Hiking up Vroman’s nose for the first time. I’m not much of a hiker, but I like being outside and it was fun. And there were lots of puppies to pet. And pictures to take.
- Breakfast with the lovely MsBix.
- I don’t watch Daniel Tiger, but maybe I should put it on in the background? Daniel Tiger reminders (for adults)
- Oh good. I would miss Gibbs too much. ‘NCIS’ Season 15: Mark Harmon Is Not Going Anywhere Despite Reports
- If you need a boost. There are some good ones on this list. 10 Books By Women That Will Make You Feel Better About Life.
- I do love Patrick Stewart. Maybe even a little more now. – Patrick Stewart trolling Thomas Middleditch is the best thing on Instagram right now
- McSweeneys: And God Created Millennial Earth
I found this on my phone from awhile back. It’s my favorite photo this week
Basically anything by Chris Stapleton these days
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?