It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
There’s a whole lot of crap going on out there and some of it’s scary. Since I don’t necessarily want my blog to be a scary place or rehash things many other people are saying much better than I am, I’m not going to talk about those things.
How about some good stuff from the last week instead?
- Not having to buy a wooden rod because Daddy-O has one that’s broken, but I can have. (Which he brought to me on his motorcycle.)
- Hugs from kiddos
- Apples are looking and tasting good!
- Not having a hangover after moonshine/brandy sampling.
- Kitchen and bathroom being done! Doors are all hung too. Now to clean.
- Early days out for a long weekend.
- Finding a certain level of friendship with Frank.
- A thank you from a co-worker friend who is facing a health challenge for giving her some of my sick days.
- Decently successful lawn sales to get rid of stuff.
- Zyrtec (knockoff)
- Blogging and social media are weird things (still) Do you want all of the followers or the right ones? I say the right ones and this Instagrammer agrees.
- I still maintain Tom Cruise is a robot – Tom Cruise’s fake butt is the internet’s newest conspiracy theory
- Interesting This Show About Albert Einstein’s Life Gets Real About His Sexism
- I might want to read this book by Uncle Joe – Joe Biden’s new book will make you nostalgic for simpler times
- McSweeneys: Out for Covfefe? Out of Oval Office Auto-Reply
Love the spin.
I’m also a huge fan of Garth’s new song, “Ask me how I know.” but I haven’t found it on youtube yet.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?