It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
At some point these posts got away from me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t take a moment to thank the Universe for the good bestowed on me. And even through the bad crap from this summer, there was a lot of good.
Some of them are little tiny things, some are bigger. I look at both as gifts to make up for the bullshit.
Here’s just some of the good things from this summer so far:
- Bathroom being 98% done!
- Successful Cousins Weekend
- Summer days and nights out in the country
- Only filling in at the pool when it suits me, but knowing I can go back whenever I want for more hours
- Walls being done in the kitchen; cabinet doors
need one more coat andto be rehung
- Trying a new to me food at friends’ house and really liking it. (Trader Joe’s Masala with chicken and rice.)
- Visiting with cousins at the Lake
- A crap ton of vacation and sick time when I need to be available to friends I chose as family
- Wine in small boxes in the freezer
- A fun day at the fair
- Company at said friends’ house for said dinner. I love those two. And their munchkin is no slouch either.
- Winning at the Track
- An over night camping trip even though it got super cold
- Some wicked amazing storms
- Road tripping with my bro.
- Sweet hugs and kisses for Aunt Court (seriously, when the kiddos spontaneously hug or kiss me? So sweet!)
- People coming together in times of tragedy
- Lots of time with kiddos.
- Fresh picked berries for daiquiris
- Surviving a bee sting (there is some question about if I’m allergic to them or not.)
- Time in the garden
- Once Upon a Time on Netflix
- Being able to figure shit out on the fly
- I love this concept. Seriously love it.This Water Park Is Designed So Kids with Disabilities Can Enjoy Summer
- How many have you read? 10 Books With Strong Heroines That Every Child Should Read
- This sounds so damn good Corn and Zucchini Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- This was interesting. I’ve only semi-recently decided I like watermelon. This is How Seedless Watermelons are Made
- McSweeneys: Brutally Honest Freelance Writer Bios
- I think my aunt tried the Goat one… 7 Nontraditional Yoga Classes You Won’t Believe Exist
- Of course GwennieGwenniePoohPooh did. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Awful GOOP Summit Was Too Absurd for Words
- Another McSweeneys: List: Writing Advice to My Students That Would Also Have Been Good Sex Advice for My High School Boyfriends
- 11 4th of July Food Traditions and How They Started
- I think this is part of the reason that it’s hard to connect with a new teacher. At least part of the why. The 10 Most Annoying Things That Happen in Yoga Class
There were a lot of great pics from this summer but I lost a lot of them when my phone tragically died. Also, some of the really great pics I’ve taken aren’t entirely mine to share because they’re of someone else’s kiddo…and I only share kiddo pics with permission from the adults.
So I’m pretty much in love with most of the Luminees’s stuff right now but this one really was interesting with the video. It apparently goes with the videos for Cleopatra and Ophelia to tell a story.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?