It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Last week got busy so I didn’t have much time to post. There are a few I’d really like to get done and posted, but hey, sometimes life wins and blogging gets put on the back burner. Getting the house ready to sell is part of life winning.
I’m wrapping up swimming lessons so I can be only scheduled at the pool one night a week for the summer so there’s scheduling, wrapping up lessons etc.
I basically don’t remember a whole lot of last week, but here are some things that stood out. I do know it was a pretty good week though.
Good things from last week:
- New babies in the family and seeing some of my family for Pop’s b’day
- Literally having just enough paint to get to a really good spot to stop in the kitchen
- Friends messaging me and saying, “So when can I cook you dinner?”
- Dogs posing for photos.
- Really big projects being done so there’s time to relax.
- Raspberry Spiked Seltzer (I’m a fan of most of the flavors, but this was really good this week.)
- GF noodles with portabellas cooked in garlic, butter and a pinch of red pepper flake, cheddar cheese and a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce for fun. Holy crap it was great!
- Signs of being where you’re supposed to be and your personal angels looking out for you.
- The number on the scale. I shouldn’t so excited. I’m not defined by it, but it’s exciting.
- Co-Worker saying to you, “Please take the rest of this caramel M&M bag so I don’t eat it.” (It’s hidden in my desk drawer. Please see point above.)
- Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.Top Gun: Maverick Plot, Release Date: Tom Cruise Competes With Military Drones; Val Kilmers Wants In
- I can relate to this. How Pole Dancing Taught Me to Appreciate My Body
- I love strawberries 20 Sweet Recipes to Get Your Fill of Strawberries — Recipes from The Kitchn
- McSweeney’s: List: Daily Affirmations for Social Media Users
- Interesting read The “Pizza Effect” and Why It Will Make You Question Your Favorite Foods
Ryan Adams covered T-Swizz’s 1989 Album. It’s basically perfect. I also am pretty sure I’ve posted this song before. I know this isn’t a new thing to know, but it was a favorite song this week.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?