It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Back on track to note good things from last week! Go me.
The meds adjustment seems to have me coming further out of the anxiety fog and while I have my moments, I’m feeling pretty good about stuff.
So here you go, from last week:
- Swim kiddos continue to be great (and with a slight rearraging of classes, the groups work)
- Mother’s day with Momma and Maggie.
- New babies on the way for friends
- Random ideas of presentations taking off.
- Commissioned work. I tell you, it never gets old! (Still! This was a greeting card for a sibling and a piece using a wedding song that I’m still playing with)
- Macys return policy
- My return to the mat even if it’s not usual classes (Yoga with Adriene and this Cosmic Kids one is kind of fun!)
- Not being recognized by a guy I used to date at the concert (or if he did, he didn’t acknowledge it. It could have gotten awkward quickly.)
- Doing at least one thing a day that bring me mental peace
- Some pretty sweet dance moves on the t-ball field
- Embarrassingly positive comments on a photo on fb. (More on this later.)
- Feeling loved
- 4 more Saturdays of group lessons unless I want to cover
- Largely less tears, anxious moments, and being able to reign it in when things get a little haywire.
- Watch Chris Cornell’s Final Performance.
- McSweeney’s List: Unpleasant Thoughts You Had, and the Items You Purchased in Order to Stop Having Them
- Animal Shelter Writes Badass Adoption Memo For ‘Utter Bastard Of A Cat’
- I don’t know that I’ve ever had a rose, but these look like they’d be worth trying: 7 Cheap Rosés Everyone Should Try During Summer 2017
- This is actually a video, but Kids Describe Love To An Illustrator And It’s Pretty Darn Adorable
And a bonus song in loving memory of Chris Cornell…
Also please see this list from Rolling Stone of covers by Chris Cornell
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?