It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I might have been having a hard time, but there have been some really good things and moments to smile about. Here are some of the more memorable recent things that have made me smile so far in 2017:
- A great group of swim kiddos (and only 4 more weeks after this one)
- Momma being back from FL
- New babies on the way for friends
- Hole in the wall Mexican joints with really great margaritas
- Presentation series being over and done with
- Commissioned work. I tell you, it never gets old! (Still!)
- Lunch to catch up with my former boss. She’s wonderful.
- Reasons to buy pretty new shoes
- Doc’s orders to get back to yoga practice (kick in the ass I needed)
- Fresh veggies
- Doing things that bring me mental peace
- Concert tickets through the end of the summer
- Dinner with Daddy-O
- Seeing BNL live.
- Seeing old friends unexpectedly and huge hugs
- Pretty nail polish
- Throwing things away.
I don’t recall a whole lot of good reads so we’ll skip this for now.
Anything by Lily Kershaw lately.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?