I have no idea why, but I’m compelled to come put some words into this space today. I don’t have anything particularly entertaining, quasi inspirational, or even all that interesting to share. Maybe it’ll make sense by the end of this post.
Without something else cohesive, how about a Friday Five?
- I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since Buffy started. Man, I loved her. (And Angel. And Spike. Were you team Angel or Spike?) She was such a big part of college, nights in with friends – Tuesday nights on the corner, NO TALKING ALLOWED except during commercials and if you had to use the bathroom, you better not be in the way of the view of the TV. Man, those boys were hardcore.
- I made gf coffee cake last night for a dear coworker’s retirement breakfast today. It calls for a sugar glaze frosting and there’s always a little extra so I put it in my coffee. It was not a mistake. (I based the recipe for the coffee cake on this, but only loosely.) I’ve been baking more when I have reason to and it feels like home.
- I’m going to see Garth Brooks tomorrow night and Wicked on Sunday. Yes, I know that’s a lot of excitement. I can do it!
- I’ve been missing my grandmothers a lot lately. It’s a weird time of year for me, spring starts so much new, so much I want to tell and share with them, and I haven’t seen many signs of them saying hello lately. Maybe I haven’t been looking? I don’t know. I just know I’m missing them hardcore. (This might be part of the reason I’ve been weepier than usual. The big time glutened we think I got hit with might be part also.)
- My birthday is coming up and it feels very weird. I don’t care about the number (I’ll share privately if you’re curious. I don’t want to blow up other’s spots in saying how old we are.), but I don’t know if I want to have one this year. I’ll be out of town for work the day of and I’m feeling really sort of blah about the whole thing. That’s weird because I love a gathering/party and any excuse to have cupcakes! We’ll see what happens.
There you go, five random things for today. I hope you have a great weekend. Anything exciting planned?