It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I’m not sure what the coming year means for this little space on the internet. I don’t know that it fits anymore. While I sort that out, please enjoy some of the good things from weeks 3 and 4 of 2017:
- Really feeling more like myself and people noticing.
- Salt for the driveway.
- Commissioned work. I tell you, it never gets old!
- Possible travel plans for next New Years! (I know we just had one, but this will take some planning.)
- Learning new things
- Breakfast sammiches in my cast iron pan.
- Baby showers for dear friends
- New babies in the family. Congrats to my cousin and his fiance (and special congrats to G’ma Lizzie!
- Talking to Brodyman on the phone. (He sends his best.)
- New books to read (Super cute one coming tomorrow)
- Seeing very good friends unexpectedly
- Hoodies and leggings
- Random texts with cousins and bellylaughs/snorts from replies.
- Goodness I love Margaret and Helen Trump has skin thinner than his wife and an ego bigger than my ass.
- Whatever will knock off Advil do without me? (I won’t ever leave them entirely.) 8 Ways to Reduce How Much Advil You Take
- When I don’t take care of myself as well as I should, one of the consequences is that I turn into a big ball of anxiety. This might be helpful to those who love me, but don’t know what to do when it gets rough. This Is How You Love Someone with Anxiety
- Craftivists. Don’t knock us. The DIY Revolutionaries of the Pussyhat project.
- Who doesn’t love a good meme? The Evolution of the Meme
This isn’t a song, but it is pretty amazing.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?