It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
New year, new start and all that jazz? Sure. I’m really of the opinion that you can start something new any time, but this year there were some big changes around the new year that could mean more big changes.
I was busy the last couple weekends living life for me, not just to share with the internet so I didn’t get around to blogging it or taking all that many pictures really. Oh well! BUT! Here are some of the good things from weeks 1 and 2 of 2017:
- Making plans with friends I’ve missed.
- Flannel sheets and my alternative down comforter on my bed to keep cozy.
- 13 kiddos on my 5-6 yo swim team. I’m insane, clearly.
- Love My Goat White even if we need to take a break from each other
- Crafty projects
- All you can eat sushi with Sue for NYE
- Soul-filling time with a dear friend and kisses from her babies. (We also had crepes!)
- Pattern “guessing” for a coworker to try and figure out how the heck she got it right the first 60 times but it doesn’t work now.
- Heated seats in Bitchytoo (new to me car)
- My pretty new Keurig machine because I can’t make a decent pot of coffee.
- Amazon Prime Shipping
- Google Image search and photo shop skills.
- Hand cut fries in hole in the wall bars.
- LLR leggings (I think I have my fill though, unless the owls get released with a black background.)
- Sharing a brain with BatGirl, even if it is a little weird sometimes.
- This is actually a compilation post from Ask a Manager, but made me think: stop setting goals you don’t actually care about, time management is ruining our lives, and more
- Goodness I will miss this duo. Obama Awards Biden With Presidential Medal Of Freedom In Surprise White House Tribute
- This was an interesting read. Anxiety or Aggression? When Anxiety in Children Looks Like Anger, Tantrums, or Meltdowns
- I believe that it helps many, but I do it because it helps me. A Skeptic Fact-Checks Yoga’s Health Claims And Goes With The Om
- I don’t know if I agree with all of the points, but I do agree with this one “You will never be happy if you’re constantly looking at the negatives.” Hate To Break It To You But You Are The Reason Your Life Sucks So Much
Oh Ed, I adore you. You get a lot of mention here.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?