It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I’ve been remiss in doing these posts, but want to get back on track – I’m excited about somethings that can’t be shared or blogged about (no, not babies). Just some things that for personal reasons I’m keeping close to the vest. It always seems when I can’t talk about something here, I can’t talk about anything. Anyone else find that to be true?
Here’s a few
weeks months worth of Good Things:
- Hearing wonderful news from friends
- Writing a haiku to our waitress at dinner on the comment card. This is something HockeyJoe and I just do.
- Taking a step back and a deep breath
- Receptive crowds for work presentations
- Cleaning up email inboxes.
- Getting advanced copies of books to review (I don’t know if this will ever get old)
- Dogs in costumes on parade for Halloween.
- Seeing my nephew
- Finding the good in the crappy
- GF pizza delivered to the pool deck
- Reconnecting with friends in person, not just via tech
- Actually this was crappy read and falls under, “Well that’s bullshit.”: Little Library Tear Down.
- Hobbies to try if you don’t have a hobby. Me? I have LOTS of hobbies. Several of which are listed here
- There are some surprising benefits to procrastination. Who knew? You can read this now or later.
- Again it’s been proven you can use a Brita filter to make crap vodka taste better. You can try it. It will also make you very drunk.
- I love a good Upcycle. This one is with Tea and Coffee pots. I think the teapot chandelier is my favorite.
Notes that show up out of the blue when you need to see them the most.
I assume you’ve seen this by now. I watch it every few days.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?