I’m back from a whirlwind week and exhausted. It’s all good, I’ll catch up on the sleep eventually. I’d love to go into so many more details about the adventure I had to Chicago and Wilmington and some of the realizations I had while away but because it was really amazing in a lot of ways, I’m still processing some of it.
Right now, let’s just talk about the numbers.
- Miles traveled if the planes and trains were by car: ~ 2,410 miles
- States I touched down in: IL, MD, NY, and DE (this doesn’t count confusion, inebriation, or exhaustion.)
- Steps logged into my Garmin: ~ 59,808
- Text messages sent: ~2,500
- Laughs with friends (old and new): Too many to count but let’s say 3,587,123,045
- Hard Ciders consumed: roughly 9, but I won’t say how big some of them were
- Bottles of wine shared with CAR: 3 (Side note: Chicago has a wine delivery app. Jealous!)
- Wonderful meals shared: All of them.
- Perfect moments: 16 off the top of my head
- Random strangers who are now my friends: 8
- Cups of Coffee consumed:~50
- Cups of Tea consumed: ~12
- Truly amazing grilled cheese sammiches consumed: 1 but it was really fricken tempting to order a second.
- Trips to Whole Foods: 3
- Times imaging leaving my current job and relocating for something new: 5
- Hours spent away from home: 156 (I was briefly home – about 8 hours – Thursday night)
I learned a lot in my work group program about lots of school related stuff, but I think I learned more about myself while I was gone. Like I said, I’m still processing. I don’t know how much (if any) will make it here, but I think in some ways, this trip to Chicago was one of the best things that could have happened to me.