It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Not going to lie, the past week was a little fuzzy at times because I’ve been fighting a cold off. Not the day before yesterday, but the Saturday before that, one of my instructors didn’t show up so I had to teach all his classes.
One of the little girls coughed in my face. It happens with 3-4 year olds. Guess who I didn’t see this week at lessons. I have to guess it’s because she had a cough too.
- Dinner being ready when I got home from the pool. (I’m usually quite famished by then.)
- Lunch with my previous supervisor and all the laughs we share
- Not making eye contact because doing so will make you giggle at the wrong time
- A surprise free night from the pool
- A visit from Ms. Bix and her boys. I adore them to pieces. We played Mad Libs, had snacks, colored, and pealed crayons.
- Brody cuddles
- My TV lineup on On-Demand like civilized society intended
- Cold meds, cough drops, and hot tea
- New smoothie maker even if I didn’t have the yogurt I like
- The final Dorthy Must Die book, Yellow Brick War.
Good reads (Other interesting reads are here.)
- No, you cried when you saw Tink signing to this little deaf girl.
- This was a collection of interesting reads about fast food, food accessibility, race, class,and more.
- I take it a bit better (most days) than some, but please consider reading these 7 Things Not to Say to Someone Struggling with Infertility
- We’ve gotten big into HGTV home renovation shows. Mostly we argue with the insufferable couples, but we’ve gotten some good ideas. Here’s the thing, I have some skills, Daddy-O has more, but money is a consideration. I’m all about small changes with cool impact like these 20+ Ways to Use Shelf Brackets You’ve (maybe) Never Thought Of
- Don’t worry, I’m not getting all new agey on you or anything but this was an interesting collection of 6 Surprising Things I Learned From Eating Mindfully. And I agree, the first bite is usually the best bite.
- Classic Poems Modified for Climate Change by Dan Young and David Henne (McSweeny’s Post!)
- I unabashedly love Peeps, but some of these sound terrible. The Unofficial Ranking of Bizarre Peeps Flavors
I think it’s really the video I love for some reason.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?