It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I haven’t checked in in a bit so let’s ease back in slowly. How about some good things from the past few weeks?
- Cocktails, adventures, food, and generally vacation in Key West
- New music
- Settling back into home
- Rereading M.J. Rose (in the right order)
- Watching HGTV, FYI, DIY renovation shows/marathons with Frank
- Great swim lessons with my kiddos
- Internet research skills
- Staff who is willing to help me out
- A request specifically for you to do something for work because they like you and want to work specifically with you.
- Ginger cheweys
- Exciting news for friends
- Smiles from babies
- Hugs from one of their mommas
- Catching up on sleep
- Free books that are pretty good
- Seeing friends I don’t get to see often
- Getting approval for a trip to Atlanta for work.
- GF Girlscout cookies
- Replies to tweets and other Twitter fun
Good reads – You should probably know that I missed a lot of reads on vacation, but here were a few I saw.
- Yes I do want to check out the oldest and possibly haunted book store!
- Psychology Study Claiming Most Psychology Studies Cannot Be Reproduced, Cannot Be Reproduced
- Did you notice the changes in Kraft Mac and Cheese?
- Meet The Brooklyn Poet Who Is Making The Bible Queer
- Worth a peek. 7 Simple Hacks to Kickstart a Productive Day
- Worth a shot? Let’s be honest, I use bread for a peanut butter vehicle. This 4-Ingredient Cloud Bread Has Virtually No Carbs and probably works.
- This was pretty cool Before & After: An Old Parisian Printing Factory Becomes a Creative Family Home
- She won Jeopardy three times — and arm wrestled Alex Trebek
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?