It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I’d be lying if I said the last couple of weeks were awesome. They had some awesome moments sure, but overall it’s been difficult. More difficult than feeling lousy, perhaps, is struggling with figuring out WHY I’ve felt so lousy.
I’ve identified some things I’m working on adjusting (like remembering to take my vitamins, B & D are critical for me) and seriously cutting back again on facebook and other mindless uses of social media and activities. Also Whoremones are really mean.
Like I told my brother. I’ll be good.
Onto the good things!
- The enormous blackberries someone left in the kitchen to share
- Lunch with a friend instead of shopping on my lunch break
- Finding I did have GF chicken tenders in the freezer at work and not having to go out for lunch on an icky day.
- Being able to help with some design work for a friend in a pinch
- Exciting news about seeing my nephew
- Visiting a friend and leaving him in a better place then when I got there.
- Getting back to Sunday yoga class even if I’m not sure about the instructor
- Hopefully getting to the bottom of my general feeling of unrest, gloominess,
- Listening to the yarn I was working with and knowing who it was supposed to belong to.
- My office flowers blooming again
- Getting some projects out at work.
- Naps, oh goodness, glorious naps.
- The problem with the dryer being a small one
- Going into the craft store for only what I actually needed to get.
- Funny Tweets & Social Media Examples From 17 Real Brands
- Where 7 of America’s Favorite Cookies Originated
- Would you make/eat/enjoy these? How to Make Dope Dark Chocolate Salt and Vinegar Cookies
- This reminds me of some friends’ old bathrooms. Here’s Why We Think of Pink as a Color for Girls
- Sad about this, but can admit it might be time. ‘Bones’ Final Season Details Revealed — Will It Get A Conclusion?
- Are some of your favorite fairytale characters based on real people? Here are 10 possibilities.
- I don’t know if I’m surprised she tried or surprised it took as long as it did to get nabbed. Woman drives with painted cardboard license plate, gets arrested
- Need inspiration? Need new inspiration? How about some new places to draw it from?
- Now I want some old ladders…13 Ways to Repurpose Ladders Around the House
- And from McSweeney’s List: Ted Cruz Presidential Campaign Promise or Fourth Grade Student Council Campaign Promise? by Andrew Knott
I actually like most of this album.
Also this isn’t a song, but this looks like a great game to play! I don’t know what it’s called, but Tic Tac Toe Sprint sounds good to me.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?