It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
I can’t possibly convey how special this past week was in welcoming a new addition to my friends family. I’m truly honored to be invited to join D’Lovely’s family in welcoming their new little one in the first few hours of his life and a wonderful day on Saturday. I’m truly blessed to call these lovely human beings friends and to be included in such wondrous moments.
While welcoming such a delight and being able to be there for a friend was wonderful, there were many other good things last week.
- Coworkers who bring me a slice of William Sonoma GF Lemon Poppy quick bread – It was amazing. I will be going to WS to get this mix.
- Custom work inquiries
- Getting word that one of my work trips isn’t going to happen. (It’s good because it was causing conflict in my personal schedule.)
- Getting approved for more books to review
- An extra copy of my license and a few bucks in my jewellery box for when I leave my wallet in Frank’s car.
- Finding things to be excited about
- Hearing a rumor we’ll have Brody back for a month!
- Pics and video chats with my nephew
- Last day of lessons going well – can be a crap shoot.
- Keeping up with my good thing every day notes.
- Replying to old posts on the “On This Day” in facebook. Makes me giggle.
- Do you love SVU? McSweeney’s nailed it. Mostly Uninformative Info Graphics about Law & Order Special Victims Unit
- How fabulous is this list of the Best Bars in NYC with Books? Boozy beverages and books? BatGirl and I might make visiting some of these a project…
- Swap out “but” for “and”, here’s why
- I love love love Alice. Alice: 150 Years of Wonderland
- Halsey covers J’Beibs Love Yourself (explicit language of what he’s “really” saying)
Favorite Photo: (One of them. I got some really good ones.)
Totally not a new song, but it will always be one of my favorites. I sang it a few times to E on Saturday when I was snuggling him.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Read anything good this week?