16 things sounds like a lot so there’s a good chance I’ll drop the ball on at least one of them because I’m pretty terrible at finishing things I start. Terrible might be an exaggeration, but I’m just one of those people who have great ideas, initiative, but finishing up? Sometimes it’s a struggle. I own this about myself and work hard at finishing up what really matters. Like things tied to my pay check.
I really want to the the type to do (and finish) a challenge, to bring back 101 Things in 1,001 days and make real progress on it, or even get rid of the things I was supposed to have been working on last fall. (In fairness, I did a lot of this, but the holidays got in the way and sidetracked that project. I’ve started again though.)
- Take some quiet time and figure out what I want 2016 to look like. Grand dreams aside of course. Schedule some quiet time to reflect on how that’s going. (I’m not opposed to putting it right into my calendar!)
- Move more. I say this often but get derailed.
- Surround myself with beauty. My favorite people, pretty colors, etc. Really this shouldn’t be hard if I keep looking for the beauty in life, but great photos, colors I love, and pretty prints can’t hurt.
- Make new recipes. We’re terrible about this and often default to the same 10 dishes. They’re good mind you, but c’mon.
- Make more art – color, paint, create.
- Breathe more. Anxiety, frustration, and general feeling better is helped by the addition of oxygen. I know this, practicing is another story.
- Get my hands dirty and don’t kill what I plant.
- Keep learning. New words and new skills. Maybe more.
- Re-evaluate facets of my life to see what’s really working and what needs to be re-vamped. I have some retirement stuff that I need to pick mutual funds for and other grown up things to take care of.
- Share more fun/interesting links with those I think would enjoy it. I read a ton of online stuff and shouldn’t keep it all to myself. First share? I found this foodie list interesting and it has some good suggestions on it. And if you love Sophia as much as I do, you’ll love her motivational posters!
- Speaking of reading! Read more. There’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to manage a book or more a month.
- Be more adventurous. I’m generally a person who says, “Yes” to trying new things but sometimes being a grownup gets in the way. It feels like lately being a grownup has taken over and it feels confining. I bet I can figure out a way to go on more adventures.
- Reconnect with those I love and disconnect from the world at large. Hey, this could even happen at the same time!
- Work harder on completing projects I start. I lose interest, I’m easily distracted, whatever the reason I need to do a better job at finishing what I start.
- Be more kind to myself. I’ve been really hard on myself in the last year in ways that just aren’t fair. I realized it might be one of the reasons I spent a good part of last year struggling.
- Be more accountable to myself. This might mean I post more so I can keep myself on track. It already means I’m tracking my food, moving etc. I’m not going to beat myself up or be unkind to myself when I fall short on something.
I’ll come up with a fun graphic for 2016 like I did a few years ago once I sort it all out. What are you looking to do/be more/less of for 2016?