It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Things have calmed down a smidge around here so I thought I’d pop in to tell you what made me smile this week. Also, can you believe there are only 12 weeks left in 2015? Gosh.
In no particular order of importance or timing.
- Travel weight coming back off. Slowly.
- Sick days from work
- Sorting out a solution to the slightly broken futon
- >Re-arranging closets, getting rid of “stuff”, slowly reclaiming the house and cleaning it up from the craziness that was the end of the summer.
- Coworkers and friends just getting “It” without much explanation
- Root beer Cupcakes
- My shows for this season: Quanitco, Scorpion, Castle, Blindspot, NCIS, Criminal Minds, How to Get Away with Murder and Bones all kicking things off with pretty good starts. (Satisfaction and Elementary aren’t back yet and Librarians comes back Nov 1.)
- Netflix and On-Demand
- People liking my design work. (Silly, but I never get over this.)
- Joe’s Pumpkin O’s
- Checking in with old friends
- Knowing you gave something your all and being okay walking away from it
- Being okay with the fact that clearly I watch a lot of TV. Whatever. I’m doing other things while it’s on.
- Presentations going well enough and a lot of back up in the room. (5 more to go!)
- Team Harlow’s successful fund raising, support, and all the friendly faces and hugs
- Updates about my nephew and pics (My bro would prefer I not post pics of O to my blog, but I’m happy to privately share some with friends if you’d like to see them.)
- Swimming lesson kiddos doing a really good job for me and asking their parents for more!
- Soup season being back
- Frank taking care of me and making me laugh
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Tell me something random about yourself. If you don’t want it to be public, email it to me at bakinginmybathingsuit(at)gmail(dot)com and it’ll stay between you, me, and my NSA agent.