It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Goodness it’s been a busy week! We snuck away for a mini road trip to visit my bro and were in another hotel this weekend. For anyone keeping track that’s 4 for me in 30 days. I haven’t done that since my travel agent days!
In no particular order of importance or timing.
- A welcome back to the pool deck after a couple of weeks away
- The buffalo chicken non-sandwich I had at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- A skein of yarn finally telling me what it wanted to be.
- My own kitchen for snacks
- Seeing Franks face light up when he realized that the BooBerry cereal was on sale AND a bonus fuel item for the week so he’d have to get two of them.
- Dorthy Must Die (book I’m currently reading, it’s pretty fantastic)
- Starting to learn to code.
- Laundry machines at home
- Friends who can pinpoint your feelings when they’re overwhelming and you can’t.
- Only having to be in the office for 11 hours my first day back after vacation
- Squishing, reading to, loving on, getting smiles from, and snuggling with my nephew.
- A special night to celebrate a friend from the pool as MsMS’s date. (Not going to lie, we make a very adorable couple! Wish I had a pic, but we were having so much fun I plumb forgot!)
- A well stocked Wal-mart for dry shoes and Target for last minute presents.
- Experiencing more and digitally documenting less.
- Seeing Brodyman! (And my bro, parents, etc)
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes? Tell me something random about yourself. If you don’t want it to be public, email it to me at bakinginmybathingsuit(at)gmail(dot)com and it’ll stay between you, me, and my NSA agent.
*Don’t forget! I’m fundraising for Team Harlow again this year. You can donate here. (As with last year, for every donation over $25, there’s cupcakes or cookies in it for you. I’m not above bribing you, but prefer to think of it as a tasty thank you!)*