It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Whoops. It’s been awhile again. Life happens and we had Brody with us for a visit. We love Brody and now that he’s back to my bro’s house, we miss him a lot. (He went back yesterday.)
Here we go (in no particular order of importance or timing):
- Meeting my friends’ sweet newborn (who was born the same week as my nephew) and spending the day with them (more on this soon)
- Becoming a “for real” (not a “by choice”) aunt.
- Saying no and leaving on time from the pool.
- Alternately, being able to say yes and stay when others wouldn’t work.
- Brodsmontana being back
- Lazy chicken parm.
- Cucumbers from a friend’s garden
- New friends.
- Interesting opportunities coming out of not getting the job I wanted.
- Wrapping up a private swim lesson that’s been going on for over three years.
- Finding the perfect cards to mail to friends.
- Plant cuttings taking root.
- Frank believing in me and having my back.
- Dinner ready when I get home from the pool.
- Friends being happy and sharing good news.
- Portable cell phone chargers
- Being able to write again.
- Working out the details for an upcoming super cool project at the pool.
- Being down 12lbs. 3 more 3’s and I can start running if I want to (I have a max weight I’ve discovered gets uncomfortable quickly for my knees when I run.)
- Seeing BatGirl for a mid-week date night.
- Moving through difficult days.
- Presentation going well.
- Brody wanting to sleep next to me even if he’s all twitchy and snores in his sleep.
- Meeting cousins for the first time.
- Watching fireworks after the ball game.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes?