It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
Yes, I’ve been a Gloomy Gus and sometimes even a Debbie Downer lately. Anxiety, whoremones, insomnia rearing it’s ugly head, uncertainty, worry, and discontent have all played into a very unhappy Court. BUT! I’m taking steps to address it and fix where my head is at. It’s not easy, but it’s worth it.
Here we go (in no particular order of importance or timing):
- Warmer temperatures and sunshine
- Pics of Brody from Frank and my brother to make me smile. They work
- I’m down about 10 lbs since starting Metformin
- Being the first person the Executive Director has handed tissues to in his office (even though it was so embarrassing to need them.)
- Coffee at Stewart’s back home
- Seeing my family last weekend
- Some very sweet words from my boss prior to her departure on her last day
- Coloring with the girls.
- Hot bath with bubbles
- Gluten free pretzels for barfly mornings
- Controlling the jukebox via phone app so your friends’ husbands don’t know it was you
- Corn on the cob
- A Friday off just because. I should schedule more of these.
- Being able to have difficult conversations even when you know the other person doesn’t want to hear it.
- Support for the work I do and the kind person I am even if it didn’t result in what I wanted.
- Seeing a friend delighted even if they’re not sure
- Knowing I have a long weekend coming up
- Beautiful photos from my sister in law
- My Pandora Shuffle
- Sticky/sucky situations being resolved.
- The Supreme Court getting the marriage thing right and all the rainbows
- Having my coordinator and boss at the pool actually be thankful for the work I do for them.
- No alarm days after a night of not much sleep
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes?