First of all, I’d like to thank everyone who reached out to me privately with concerns about how I’m doing. I’m on the upswing and dare I say, “okay” and I really appreciate that you guys care. I feel seriously loved and cared for and can not thank you enough.
As a thanks, I’m offering you the Pudding Shot recipe that I’ve raved about several times. I have to thank Hockey Joe’s friend Eric for introducing me to these bits of amazingness. He handed me one at his house a few years ago and said, “Trust me.” I did. I’m glad.
I’ve been a big fan of Jell-O shots through the years, but hadn’t seriously thought to make them with pudding. (Mostly because pudding is made with milk and milk and booze doesn’t always jive well.)
Who doesn’t love pudding? (Don’t tell me if you don’t, I have a high opinion of my readers and don’t wish to tarnish it.) Pudding with booze? All the better.
For our New Years Eve party I reached out to Eric to find out how to make them because I wanted them and thought it might be a nice addition to the bar. I’m lucky he was willing to share!
What you’ll need:
- 1 big box of INSTANT pudding (or two small boxes) I like chocolate
- 1 Tub of Cool Whip
- Cream based liquor of your choice. I used Baileys for this blend.
- Condiment cups with lids. I got them at Target but have seen them all over.
What you’ll do:
- In a medium bowl, make pudding according to instructions subbing half the liquid for cold vodka and half for the cream based liquor. (I actually used a little less vodka for a thicker pudding and it worked nicely)
- Fold in tub of Cool Whip
- Put in condiment cups with lids.
- Freeze. We put ours outside in the snow because NY is handy like that.
- Hand out to friends who enjoy such things. You might give them a spoon too.
- Enjoy. They’re really fricken good. And pack a punch so be careful
If you want to be all fancy, you can garnish with a cherry, chocolate shavings, more whipped cream etc. With all the flavored vodka options the combinations are almost endless. I think next time I’m going to make Vanilla with Cherry vodka. Or chocolate with Creme de Menthe! If you need inspiration, Pinterest has some for you
Questions? Comments? What kind are you going to make? There are a few left in my freezer if you want to come over and sample one…