It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
After a long, but okay weekend, I’m feeling pretty gloomy so I’m doing this now to snap out of it. Here we go (in no particular order of importance or timing):
- Google for when a member asks me a question about something at 6pm that I’ve actually never heard of before.
- A kiddo at the pool swimming all by herself.
- Someone you didn’t expect to see seeming genuinely happy to see you
- A fun night out with my bro and some hometown friends
- Seeing Brody after an especially rough morning
- People loving their crafts
- Connections with new coworker
- Agreeable staff at the pool to help me out
- Mutual Admiration Societies I belong to
- Reminding myself I have an upcoming break to see Momma.
- Tom working out on Blacklist 😉
- Three decent attempts at C25K (first was decent, second had to be done in elliptical due to time/availability, and third one wasn’t as good for distance, but I felt pretty good about it over all.
- Comfort of old favorite songs
- Being able to ask myself, “Does this really hurt your heart or are you being to sensitive? Will this matter next week? Next month? Next year?”
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes?