It’s important to remember the things that are good in life. It reminds me how blessed I really am and also helps to ease the sting of the bad. I’m incredibly lucky, there’s more good than bad (Knockonwood!) and I want to document how thankful I am for it.
It’s been a whole month since I did one of these so I’ll do more than just the usual 10. I’ve survived some interesting challenges in that time so it’s doubly important that I remember the good.
Here we go (in no particular order of importance or timing):
- Brody protecting me. (I know he would if he had to do it.)
- How to Get Away with Murder and Backstrom. One wows me and one makes me laugh.
- Country Girl Workout to survive the -17*F
- Meeting nice people at a craft show
- The feeling that Someone is listening.
- Peanut butter
- Laughing with friends
- Saturday at the pool working out even though many were set to be problematic.
- People loving my crafting work (that never gets old, sorry!)
- Playtime at the doggie park
- Emails saying I’m doing a great job and they like working with me
- Snow days or delays.
- Teaching Brodsmontana new tricks.
- My Little Sentra that Could starting right up in -10*F weather when she hadn’t been driven in 2 weeks.
- Budapest song getting more air play so I can dance to it every day.
- Feeling nostalgic and fun memories
- Vanilla pancakes that taste like birthday cake and bacon for Fat Tuesday.
- Knowing I’m not alone in my struggles. Hearing, “I know just how you feel, here’s my story” makes me feel just a little bit normal and that goes a long way.
- Phone calls from friends and the soothing sound of a voice I’d know anywhere.
- New puppies for friends.
- A new yoga place to go do yoga
- Another session of swimming lessons done
- Gluten free buns for burgers
- People loving their snail mail.
How have you been? What made you smile? Tell me about one of your successes?