I’m finally feeling more like myself after a rather difficult go of things. It wasn’t any one thing that I could put my finger on to fix, but I’ve been off. I think life just got the better of me and to get it all taken care of to the best of my abilities, I just had to put my head down and GO! And this time it wasn’t even like I took on too much, it’s just the point in the year with work etc that it’s all come to head.
Yesterday some major weights started to be lifted off my shoulders and by the time I left yoga, I felt more like myself than I have in a long time. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had good moments – even hours of them, but over all, life has been off.
But now that that’s behind me, onto recent good things from the last few weeks:
- I’ve worked a lot at the pool. I adore my kiddos but let’s be honest when I say I’m really glad that’s my fun job. I don’t think I have the energy for it full time anymore!
- We hosted a bunch of people for Thanksgiving and I’ll share my pie crust recipe with you in the next week or so. I have to put my notes together on it first.
- I signed up for another craft show this coming weekend and if possible, I’m more nervous for this one than the last one. Can I replicate the success of my last show? Do I dare even think I can? Better not so I won’t feel like I let myself down when it doesn’t work out.
- My evaluation for work was pretty good and they’ve tasked me with something very interesting for the next year. I’ll possibly talk more about it when I figure it out.
- I’ve been wrapping for American Cancer Society again which is always really fun. I love wrapping presents, seeing the people I’ve wrapped with for the last couple of years, and meeting new ones. What can I say? It delights my little extrovert crafty heart. (If you’re local, we’re at Crossgates Mall, Colonie Center, and at Wilton Mall during mall hours from now until closing on Christmas Eve. They’ll wrap your presents for whatever donation you’d like to give.)
- I’ve been going to yoga as much as I can and last night was a great class. I did 3 almost half push-ups which is more than I’ve ever done before and did side planks on both sides without modifications. I also didn’t fall over. Yes I cheered for myself in my head for all of that.
- I didn’t gain any weight over Thanksgiving best I can tell even though I’ve eaten pie almost every day. It’s delicious and I don’t want it to go to waste so I stand by my decision. I’ll report back tomorrow on the official gain/loss. Oh! I didn’t get a chance to share that I’d hit my first 3lb goal, but I did! On to the next 3.
So what have you been up to lately? Did you have a nice holiday?
(By the way, I got a really nice comment on this post sometime yesterday and it delighted me to see that someone loves this frosting as much as I do!)