I’m back at it, listing out the things from the past week that made me smile and that I’m am thankful for. It’s important to remember the things that are good to help ease the sting of the bad.
What can I say? Some weeks are better than others and I’d like to have reminders of the good for when it’s not so good. I re read that statement and it makes me feel like I’m implying that life isn’t good. It mostly is. (Knockonwood!) I just want to make sure I’m documenting the moments that shine for me so when they don’t I can find good things quickly
So. In no particular order for the last 2 weeks:
- Kettle corn
- 30 foot tall concrete dinosaurs at an old sugar plantation
- Saving the day for my boss
- KC and Rick (and fleeting thoughts of getting a dog when we move)
- Spending a day with friends to move them into their new home
- Chocolate cupcakes with whipped cream
- Cool exhibits at the Space Center
- Finding my white sunglasses
- Great episodes of my shows, except Rizolli & Isles. What’s up with that one?
- Cuddles with Em and O
- Teaching my niece the beginning of swimming
- Spicy shrimp tacos
- Deals at the market
- Good books to read
- An empty flight
- The teens I teach not eating me alive, but it was close
- Showers at work when we don’t have water
- Good news for friends
Doing Things Differently recap:
Earlier bed time: Insomnia is running rampant, but part of it is the weird and bad dreams I’ve been having. It’s hard to convince my brain to sleep sometimes when it’s sure it’ll be a scary trip. The rest is just not being tried
Activity: Yoga: Swim: 1 days of teaching Run: 2
I was lazy on vacation. It happens. The above is for the past week.
General feeling of overall accomplishment: Haha, accomplishment. Vacation. I’ve been getting lots done in the few days we’ve been back though! Check in next week.
How was your week?