I’m back at it, listing out the things from the past week that made me smile. It’s important to remember the things that are good to help ease the sting of the bad. (If you ask me, and since you’re reading my blog, it’s almost like you did ask.)
What can I say? Some weeks are better than others and I’d like to have reminders of the good for when it’s not so good. I re read that statement and it makes me feel like I’m implying that life isn’t good. It is. (Knockonwood!) I just want to make sure I’m documenting the moments that shine for me.
And just like that, we’re done. I’ll use the next few days to think about what’s next, but it’s been real. The year’s had some hiccups, but knock on wood, I’d have to say it was better than not. I am insanely grateful that it worked out this year. So grateful. Crossing my fingers and wishing on 11:11s that 2014 brings more of the same, if not better things, days, and people.
In no particular order:
- Laughs with cousins.
- People seemingly delighted with their hand made gifts.
- One part day of work
- Sundays with no plans (again) (well, we had plans, but the weather had other ideas)
- Christmas is mostly put away.
- Not getting made fun of for being gluten free by my family
- Two books read
- Meeting an old friend’s fiance and knowing that he’s in excellent hands. She’s delightful and lovely.
- Frank. I really Like him.
- A delightful holiday. Just lovely.
I worked one day this past week and didn’t think to take photos of my cute holiday outfits. Whoops
Doing Things Differently recap:
Earlier bed time: Ha! Between insomnia and my to do list…didn’t happen
Activity: Yoga: 0 Swim: 0 Run: 0
Running around like a mad woman, being flexible, and drowning in wrapping paper count, no?
General feeling of overall accomplishment: I only dropped one ball.
How was your week?