We made workout shirts while drinking wine…it was a fine fine time.

When Sonja, The Pintester, sent out a call for more submissions to the Pintester Movement well of  course I was in. It just so happened that one of my favorite crafting buddies (BatGirl) was coming for a visit and I just knew we’d find something to do while we drank wine.

It’s what we do. Drink wine and craft. The hard part is finding just ONE project that we want to do. Personally, I wanted to light something on fire and try to cut one of the wine bottles, but Frank sort of vetoed that one when he said, “Well, you could, but why not find something that doesn’t mix alcohol and fire.”

Kill joy.

Well it turns out that BatGirl has gotten more into working out lately and I had some old tshirts on hand of my brother’s so we tried this one – DIY Tank Top

(Our other choice was to make a gluten free apple pie with the bushel of apples we’d picked with Ms.Bix earlier that day. We decided that froyo sounded good so we should make the workout shirt instead.)

We more or less followed the instructions:

1. Cut the neck off.
  2. Cut the sleeves off.
  3. Cut the front neckline down lower.
  4. Cut the back of the shoulders out.
  5. Use strips from the sleeves to tie the back together.
  6. Adjust ties.

shirt pin collage 1

And then…

shirt pin collage 2
But it’s us, so our steps really looked like this:

1. Cheers to good luck on the project.
  2. Cut the neck off.
  3. Drink some wine
  4. Cut the sleeves off.
  5. Drink some wine.
  6. Cut the neckline down lower.
  7. Drink some wine, get a refill.
  8. Cut the back of the shoulders out more.
  9. Drink some wine
  10. Use strips from the sleeves to tie the back together.
  11. Drink some wine.
  12. Try the shirt on.
  13. Cheers a job well done!

But we did it! Not too bad either. We had to do a couple extra ties on BatGirl’s shirt because she had some bunching. Damn brother’s big ass shirt.
shirt pin collage 3

Not too shabby though. We decided to leave them on and go get froyo.

Not a bad workout shirt. Can’t wait to wear mine!

Because there was wine involved, I didn’t want to play with my good camera so I only took out the cell phone. They’re not the best quality. They’ll suffice I think. Also, I’d like to thank my brother for the shirts. Pretty sure he doesn’t need them!

Advertisements

About Court

I spend a lot of time on the pool deck and making treats in my kitchen amongst other things.
This entry was posted in Crafting, Project Pinterest and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to We made workout shirts while drinking wine…it was a fine fine time.

1. Pingback: Things that made me smile. Week 38, 2013 | baking in my bathing suit

2. Cute! Looks like you had a blast!

3. BatGirl says:

I had so much fun this weekend. It was just the tonic I needed to reset my brain. Speaking of tonic… I should have had a gin and tonic. HUGS!

4. All crafts should include drinking!! Love the shirts!!

5. spiritwavecheer says:

Cute! Looks like you had a blast 🙂

6. Ashley Bee says:

Wine makes for the best pinterest experiments, I think. Awesome job on the shirts!

7. Pingback: Pintester Movement | Pintester

8. Aw, you two are adorable! And the t-shirts turned out pretty good, too. 🙂 Glad you had fun!

9. Heather says:

Turned out great. I tried to do a similar shirt redo once and didn’t have your level of success.

10. What a cool way to recycle a shirt. Good job!

11. Claudia says:

Curious George and The Army go to the gym. Very cool. See what happens when you craft with a glass or two of wine! And what adorable models! Cheers

12. Kristen says:

Awesome! I would totally wear those to the gym, or over my bathing suit. I will never throw a t-shirt away again…I’ll just mail to you!

13. Amanda J. says:

Y’all look like you’re ready to go kick ass at the gym . . . and then the froyo place, because you deserve a reward for working out. Cool pin and great post!

14. isasif says:

Those look fantastic, I think I might like to try this pin too!

15. cwupcake says:

Is it ok to replace the wine with rum and coke? I have some tees I need to convert, but no wine in the house…. 🙂

16. hkschulte says:

Those turned out nice! And it’s always an excellent idea to go eat froyo in workout clothes 😀

17. boydsgirl says:

Awww! I want the Curious George one! Those look great! Good job 🙂

18. Julie says:

Cute shirts! I attempted to cut a wine bottle in half using fire and flammable liquid, and it didn’t work. It just would not light. So you probably could have got away with it… but then you wouldn’t have ended up with a cute shirt to wear to get Froyo.

19. Heather says:

I hate working out in anything with sleeves, so this is genius.

Have something to add?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s