Hey there friends! I see we’ve welcomed some new faces to the bunch and I always love that. Don’t be shy, introduce yourself! I put some White chocolate chip macadamia nut pumpkin oatmeal cookies on the counter, please help yourself. If you like them and would like to make them at home, here’s the recipe for them
I’m not usually a “talk about the weather” person unless there’s something special going on, but I’d like to say how much I’m liking these cooler temperatures. I got to break out my boots for the first time in months and my snappy corduroy jacket to wear to work. Are you excited for Fall?
I’m happy to report that although yesterday didn’t come together quite as I hoped outfit wise, I did manage to make it work with my “emergency pearls” from my desk. What? You don’t have a set? And even though it was only a four day week for work this week, I managed to feel “put together” and cute for work each day. Let’s see how long I can keep this up! The month of September at the very least, right? I did challenge myself to that much. (I managed to take self shots of my outfits all week. I’ll share them on Sunday.)
Some other goals for September?
- Continue to run twice a week even after the Run for Kohl 5k on Sept 15th. Even if it’s just 2 miles a run. Nope, still don’t love it. Still not good at it, but it’s not awful and I’m rarely bothered like when I swim so I think for now I’ll keep at it.
- Keep on track with my three pound loss intervals. I’m tentatively down one set of three so far. I’d like to be down another, maybe two by the end of the month.
- Tackle 4 things off my “to-do” list. You know the one that perpetually has a 1,456,980 things on it? Things like hang pictures, make pink skirt, update blog, write letters to [insert any number of names here] etc? Yes that one.
- Survive my schedule. I’m not whining that I’m so busy, but it’ll take some coordination and scheduling to get everything done.
- It should go without saying that I want to do fun things with Frank too. I do Like him after all. I don’t know what these fun things will look like, but he has a birthday coming up (that I’m not having a party for at his request!) and we have tickets to go see a show he wants to see. Other than that, I don’t know!
What do you want to tackle in September?
Well I’m out of Kahlua coffee and considering a refill. I’ve only had two cups so far. How much is too much again? I’ll likely have more.