You may have seen this on the facebook page last night so I’m sorry for the repeat photo, I’m about to tell you how to make these Raspberry White Chocolate muffins for your very own!
One of the perks of my job is that our mostly monthly department meetings come with breakfast. Bagels, fruit, yogurt. Nothing complicated, but it’s a nice way to start a meeting.
Sometimes I bake for it, sometimes I don’t. This time I baked. I had it in my head somewhere that I really wanted raspberry and white chocolate chip muffins. Like really really wanted them. Luckily I had everything on hand to make them. While you could use my basic muffin recipe, I didn’t want such a sweet muffin when the raspberries and white chocolate chips would be adding quite a bit of sweetness themselves.
Enter the “blueberry” muffin recipe that’s been stuck to my fridge for years. I think it came off a bag of flour, but that’s just a guess because of the paper it’s on. This recipe is simple both in ingredients and flavor and mixes up in less than 10 min from flour measure to oven. (I put blueberry in quotes above because that’s how it’s listed. I’ve put lots of other types of fruits in and have been pleased. Also, I’ve used half white flour and half whole wheat before too and it’s quite good.)
It’s really easy and fast to make a quick dozen muffins.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg (well beaten)
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips.
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Line muffin tin with muffin/cupcake papers.
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Give a stir
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mix to add your egg, oil, and milk.
- Stir only until all ingredients are just incorporated. I do this by hand and it’s like 50 stirs or so.
- Fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin tin
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. I start checking at 10 and keep a close eye on them. They’re done when the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
By the way, if you want to make just blueberry muffins, just use 1 – 1 1/2 cup blueberries.