Yesterday because I messed up my schedule, I realized I’d be home all night. On nights I’m home all night, I make dinner. Generally, it’s no biggie and I throw something together, but lately I’ve been really uninspired in the kitchen so I was at a loss as to what I should make last night.
Note: I used the precooked version of the chicken picture because I think it’s a funny picture. Use your imagination. Yes I pointed out my wine glass. It’s plastic with floaty flowers and glitter. Don’t hate.
Here’s what you need: (Slightly modified from Kathy’s to suit our tastes and the fact that I didn’t feel like breading it.)
- Chicken breasts (I used 3)
- Half a cup of shredded cheddar.
- Cup of chopped broccoli
- 5 slices of bacon
Here’s what you do:
- Cook bacon however it is that you cook bacon or use the precooked stuff if you want. Shred cheese if you need to (helpful hint, 4 oz by weight once shredded was about a cup by measure.)
- Trim the chicken. This isn’t necessary I suppose, but I hate chicken fat, gristle, etc.
- Slice deep pockets in the sides of the chicken breasts. Kathy demonstrates on her post if you’re not sure how to do this.
- Chop bacon, mix with broccoli and cheese in a bowl. Put a handful of it in the chicken pocket you’ve created.
- You might need to really shove it in there. You may need to massage and stretch the chicken a bit. Just work it. (Work it good.) I might have over stuffed mine, but it was tasty. (If you’d like to bread yours, go for it. I didn’t feel like it. This is where you would though.)
- Use toothpicks to hold sides closed if you’d like.
- I baked ours at 400*F for about 40 min uncovered.
- Take out your toothpicks and enjoy!
Frank and I decided that the chicken should be marinated before using it because the chicken itself wasn’t all that flavorful. I’m not sure that breading would have fixed this though because we like a lot of flavor. Other than that, it was a pretty decent meal that was way easier on the numbers than I thought it would be. Questions? Comments? Suggestions?