So apparently I’ve been a bad blogger and although I’ve mentioned it several times, I’ve not posted the actual recipe for my Very Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting that tastes like vanilla ice cream. My bad.
Or if you want the text option:
What you will need:
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 to 5 cups of confectioner sugar
- 2 TBSP Vanilla or other flavor
- 2 to 3 TBSP milk or half and half
- Electric or stand mixer
What you will do:
- Put softish butter in mixing bowl, mix at low or medium speed until it starts to lighten.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 1 TBSP Vanilla. Mix (Medium is good here. If you put it on high before the sugar is incorporated, you’ll end up with a big mess on your hands.)
- Add 1 cup sugar and 1 TBSP milk or half and half. Mix. (Medium is good here. See above note.)
- Repeat Step 2.
- Repeat Step 3.
- Add remaining sugar until desired consistency is achieved. You want it to be spreadable or pipable. (Think of the consistency of frosting from a can. That’s the only part they get right.)
- This makes enough frosting for about 3 dozen cupcakes. Or two dozen cupcakes and a Frank.
- Substitute margarine for butter and any other milk for dairy free option
- Other flavors can be used instead of vanilla. Start with 1 TSP and add until desired flavor is achieved. I’ve successfully used almond, raspberry, cherry, strawberry, and coco powder. Be careful with citrus and mints as they might slightly change the consistency of your frosting.
- Don’t forget to add Love. It makes everything better.
There you have it. Be careful. It’s awesome. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Don’t blame me if people think you’re awesome for this one.