Hey there! So it’s Friday – as if I needed to tell you that! (If I needed to actually tell you that, let’s have a chat.) Seeing that it’s Friday and I’m only a few sips into my Kaluah (flavored) coffee, I’ll share some snippets:
- This morning when I checked in with my family in the Boston area, one of my uncles somehow auto sent me a pic of him with Mehmere. Sometimes she pops in to say hello like that. I was having trouble finding something to wear today when my Mehmere skirt peaked out at me, so I’m wearing that.
- My family and friends are safe in the Boston area. (I’m insanely thankful for this. G-d willing this doesn’t change before this is all over. (That’s all I’m going to say about Boston today. I’m starting to get twitchy about bad news at the moment.)
- I’m participating in Casey’s #LookForTheLovely. She’s doing it on Instagram, but I don’t do that so I’m posting mine on Twitter. Some will likely overlap with #365.
- I ran last night for the first time since Easter. I’m happy to report that I was able to do 2 miles in about the same amount of time as before, but sadly it hurt a lot more! I’m giving my legs a break today and planning a 3 mile outside course for this weekend.
- November 18th on the smile I sent someone yesterday was marked “Send an inappropriate haiku” well you know how I feel about haikus! So I think I’ll write an inappropriate one on the 18th of every month. Yesterday’s wasn’t inappropriate per se, but I was tired so here you go:
eighteenth of the month
write an inappropriate
haiku for sharing
That’s my 5 for today. How about you?