HAPPY FRIDAY!!!(!!!) Please feel free to get up and do a dance. I already have…likely more than once by the time you are reading this. You know what song makes me want to dance lately? Other than the conflicted dancing to Darius Rucker’s cover of Wagon Wheel? Miranda Lambert’s Mama’s Broken Heart. Yes, I just outed myself as a country fan for those who don’t know. Hate me if you want, but it most often speaks to my soul.)
First things first, thank you to those who participated in yesterday’s questions. If you haven’t yet, that’s cool…go for it! As promised, here are my answers:
- What do you know that you think I don’t know?
Hm this is tough because I have some smarty pants readers! I know that Willie O’Ree was the first black hockey player in the NHL (1958, Boston Bruins). I know that I’m feeling a little tiny bit less anxiety about the upcoming swim session. I know that I have some pretty awesome readers but there’s always room for new friends (if you’re new here and haven’t commented to say hello, please do!)
- When you feel like quitting something hard, what brings you back to trying?
Sometimes I just need a little break from trying and I give myself permission to do so. Sometimes that’s enough. Other times when I have to dig deep, I think hard about what I’m really looking to accomplish, if the goal needs to be broken down further, or if it was something I really wanted in the first place. Generally, the desire to do my very best at everything I try in life is enough to bring me back. If I don’t feel like it was my best, I have to do better.
- What have you always wanted to do, but haven’t yet done?
Bungee jumping, hang gliding, grad school, proving to myself that my creative side has legit talent, be a mom, travel the Fairytale Trail, see Prague, go zip lining, redesign this blog, revive Challenge Me and line up Guest Posters for vacation!
Now how about a Friday Fill-In? It’s been awhile.
1. Life can be really strange, but is (knock on wood) usually pretty decent.
2. My anxiety soared and then a little tear fell.
3. I knew it was love when part of my heart went back to Chicago with him.
4. I love strawberries most when they taste like sunshine and blue skies.
5. A little nap is wonderful way to spend a rainy afternoon.
6. Cinnamon Raisin French Toast or Sweet Potato Fries my favorite things to eat for dinner.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to finishing a present for Little One, tomorrow my plans include a birthday party, seeing friends, an UA Alumni Hockey game and hopefully cake and Sunday, I want to sleep in and spend some time finishing up a craft project!
Hope you have an awesome day and if we don’t connect, a great weekend too!