At about halfway through the Lenten season, I thought I’d check in to see how everyone’s doing (if you gave something up) and to let you know how I’m doing with mine.
To recap: (You can click above and get the full post if you’d like.)
So yeah, this year I’m giving up Meat (eggs and dairy are still ok) and I’m going to add the following:
- Run 40 miles (or elliptical if needed, sometimes getting a treadmill is damn near impossible.)
- Do 40 nice things (I saw this on a blog somewhere, if it’s yours let me know. I can’t flippin’ remember now.)
- Finish 40 projects (little, but work, blog, crafting, doesn’t matter what projects, just have to finish 40 of them)
- And to tie it back in to the above WTF, no frivolous shopping. Supplies, gifts for others and replacements only.
Without getting into it too too much,
- I’ve eaten (small amounts of) fish a few times, but it was in the name of doing nice things for others (and myself) There was an accidental consumption of beef that was in soup which made me grumpy, but hey, I survived.
- I’ve been doing nice things for people and it works out to be once a day. Some are big, some are small, but each day there’s something.
- I have a little less than 26 miles to run and injury or illness not withstanding, I think I’ll be able to do it
- I’ve been finishing projects (I think I have 10 done) and I may or may not get this done, but I’m not going to get all stressed if I don’t.
- As for shopping…well, if you put my crafting purchases under “future supplies for gifts” I’m good to go.
I’m a little surprised that I don’t miss meat all that much. I do have to say that sometimes it’s tough to find quick options for lunch if I want to skip the pizza, but I manage. Frank has been a champ about the no meat thing and continues to join me, but he knows he doesn’t have to do it.
Did you give up something or add something for Lent? How’s it going?