For those of you who might be confused, I’d like to clarify that I’m not perfect. In fact, I’m not perfect by far. I try hard, I do what I can and I make a point to make up for or fix my mistakes. This is one of those instances.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 cups of Rice Krispy or the knock off kind if you prefer
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows (the bigger bag, not the silly 10 oz bag. I think there are 6 cups in it give or take
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- Two Rows of a package of Oreos or the knock off ones if you prefer (crush them)
- Non-stick spray (butter flavor or canola oil is better than the olive oil one if you were wondering)
- 9×13 baking pan or disposable foil pan (I like this option)
Here’s what you do:
- Melt butter in a big pot over medium heat.
- Pour mini marshmallows in and lower heat. Melt marshmallows til completely liquified. Lower temps and slower melting is better than hot melting and risk burning them. If they burn, this will taste awful. Stir while they melt.
- While the marshmallows melt, spray the pan with your non-stick spray.
- When marshmallows are liquid, turn off the heat. Mix cereal in to melted marshmallows. I like to do this in three batches so it’s not as hard to stir.
- Mix crushed Oreo into the gooey mix.
- Dump gooey mix into your pan.
- Wash hands and spray with non-stick spray
- Press gooey mix into the pan, carefully, it’ll be somewhere between warm and hot!
- Let cool, cut, enjoy!
Ok so these probably aren’t the “Cookies and Cream” bars, but you know what? They’re hella good and I don’t really care what you want to call them. This is how I’ll be making them from now on. (They are so good that much to Frank’s chagrin, I took a good portion of the pan to my parents to give away so I didn’t eat them.)
***Rice Krispy and Oreo did not compensate me for this post.