I hope Kathy sees this post after her post earlier this week about being gluten free. I think this would be something she and her husband might enjoy.
I love green beans. Seriously, it’s one of the things I hope to grow in my someday to be garden. I also love garlic – likely more than any person actually should love garlic. One day a few years ago, I had some green beans in the fridge that weren’t so crisp but that I wanted to eat. I came up with the following:
Here’s what you need:
- Green beans (a good sized handful per person you’re making them for)
- Garlic cloves to suit your personal taste (I use 4-5)
- Salt (Optional)
- Cooking Spray (I like the Olive Oil one for this)
- Balsamic Vinegar or Ken’s Italian Dressing (I use this cause it’s what I had on hand and Frank doesn’t like balsamic vinegar)
Here’s what you do:
- Coarsely chop garlic. Snip ends off beans and cut to the size you’d like. I leave mine long.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and spray it with cooking spray
- Toss garlic in with some salt and brown most of it. Some of the bigger chunks won’t be brown, that’s ok.
- Put green beans in pan and cook til bright green.
- Drizzle vinegar or dressing over it (about 2 TBSP) over green beans and reduce to low to medium heat.
- Cook til they’re as done as you like them. I like mine barely cooked so this takes no time.
I like to serve these up with lots of the little garlic bits. You can serve them as you see fit.
Let me know what you think.