I’m writing this late Thursday night on my phone because I didn’t bring my tablet. Or toothbrush, but that’s only relevant because it was another example of failure in my day.
There were many ways that I could consider myself a failure today, but I’m putting those less than successful moments in a different frame and seeing how I was successful.
1) I didn’t throw up from my migraine between Bainbridge and Ithaca. It was tempting!
2) I managed a decent swim even though it wasn’t as long as I wanted. Teenaged kids be damned, I swam around them. It was sort of like swimming in open water, but you know, inside.
3) I didn’t cry when I heard some potentially scary news. Without getting into it, I maintained well, called Mom, let her know and went for a swim instead of having a break down. Go me. I can fall apart on Monday, I’m too busy til then.
4) I had a quiet night in and relaxed rather than wandering around the city and shopping. Even though there’s a yarn shop nearby. And shoes. And a nail salon.
5) I caught up with DevL and he filled me in on what section of the DSM IV he’s currently dating. (this wasn’t a reframe, it was just nice.)
What have you reframed lately?