So June is done. (If you didn’t know that it’s July now and the year is officially half over). Don’t panic. It’s ok, you still have 6 months to get those New Years Resolutions or Challenges taken care of.
I was ambitious for June, let’s see how I did.
- I’m going to do this June Yoga Challenge from Courtney over at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life. If you want to check it out feel free. You get to have a pretty badge if you want for your blog. Her challenge to herself seems pretty reasonable 3 yoga sessions a week of any length. I can manage that. I can certainly do 10 min of yoga after a run.
– Eh, I did ok with this. I clearly didn’t do 3 every week, but I did more than I did ever before so that’s small progress.
- Run. I’m shooting for 40 miles but if I hit 30 I’ll call it a success. (I’ll check in each week to let you know how this and yoga went.)
– I’ve run more in the month of June than I have run in any month since high-school. It was about half of what I wanted to do, but I was forced to rest on days I didn’t want to. Silly shin splints and hip flexor issues. I’m pleased with myself and am encouraged for this month.
- Continue to track track track the food I eat and make better decisions about it than the last couple of weeks, more veggies, less carbs etc. There is NO reason I shouldn’t be able to lose at least 1 lb if not 2lbs a week. Get to it! (I’m tempted to assign a number value here, but will be seriously sad if I don’t make it.)
– I have some thoughts about this. I did ok with this…not great though. The first part of the month was good, but I lost steam and got frustrated. I ended the month taking a break from tracking and I actually feel better about it today.
- Deep clean kitchen and bathroom.
– They’re cleanish, deep clean? No.
- Call Nanny and Pop
– I went to see them. That was harder than I thought, but it was good to see them and to see what’s going on first hand.
- General apt stuff: Stay on top of the general clutter; hang shelf pockets (I’ve been meaning to do this for a year now…)
– Shelf pockets hung,
- Make Limoncello and start experimenting with cupcakes,
– I have a better idea of the cupcakes, but haven’t been baking yet. I scrapped the idea of Limonchello for the Picnic with a Judge. It was just too much
- Mail out various care packages/presents I’ve been putting together.
– Some! I’m still working on a few.
- Figure out Picnic with a Judge project calendar and get moving on it.
– I have this sketched out in my head and am on top of the stuff. I don’t know that I’ll need to write it down. Yet.
- Mail Hangman back to BatGirl, Box Tops for Education to Ben, thank you notes and pen pal notes.
– Yes, not yet, yes, and yes.
- Finish and mail out invites to Picnic with a Judge.
– Done! Responses are coming in.
- Clean out closet/dresser
– I made a dent
- Read a chapter a day.
– It averaged out to be more than that because I finished a couple of books. I reviewed one here and have two more to do.
- Finish work projects early
– I got what I needed to get done, done. There was a whole lot that I didn’t plan on, but I got it done.
- Hang out with that guy I like and make sure he knows how much I love him.
– I hope I did this. I tried
- Go exploring with my big girl camera (or my point and shoot)
– I took more pictures with my point and shoot, but didn’t get out with my big girl camera
- No crying at my sister’s graduation, C-Mac’s wedding, or Mehmere’s memorial service. Ok that last one I can have a few tears at, but nothing else.
– No tears from this girl! It was all lovely, but I kept it together.
– Yep! Twice for American Cancer Society and logged some unpaid hours at the pool just helping out.
- See baseball and fireworks.
– Not yet, but the season only started last week, when I wrote it I thought it started the week before it did.
- Laugh more. I haven’t laughed a lot this past month. Life isn’t that serious, I should enjoy it more.
– There were a lot of laughs. Even when I thought I wouldn’t.
That’s it. Now to come up with what I want to do for July. How did you do?