Hi there. I know what you’re thinking, “Why are you watching the Olympic Trials for Track and Field?” I know. I was wondering the same thing myself. Truth be told, it’s mostly because Frank wants to and I’m too lazy to get off the futon. Mostly I play WwF or read while he watches and occasionally I look up from my game/book to make a witty observation. (One was that the running chicks don’t seem to have belly buttons.)
Today, I thought I would share a few of observations I’ve made with you:
- These people are impressively fast. I realize it’s the Olympic Trials and all, but man! ZOOOOM! It’s like watching the Road Runner run.
- That Evan Jager guy has amazing hair. Seriously. Here’s proof. (I got it from here.)
- Lance Brooks and Michael Phelps? Clearly they’re brothers. At the very least cousins! Here’s my proof. (Lance photo from here, Michael photo from here
- The Pole Vault might be my new favorite thing to watch on TV and if I had more upper body strength and less tush, I’d totally want to try it. Doesn’t it look like fun? (From here)
- The Steeplechase race is something I might actually like to do for fun. It involves jumping over stuff and water.
No, I never thought I’d sit through Olympic Trials in Track and Field, but hey, why not? Clearly I’m finding some entertainment in it!
What sport or show did you think you’d probably not watch, but found interesting anyway?