For various reasons and people pushing my buttons, I’m ready for a fight, but I don’t want to be ready for a fight so let’s talk about happy things. Here are five of the things that are making me insanely happy right now:
- This weekend is full of happy things: My dear friend C-Mac and his lovely lady are getting married, I’m running a 5k tomorrow that I hear has beer at the finish line, and Sunday I’m going to RI to say goodbye to Mehmere. The happy about that last part is seeing my family and wearing a pretty purple dress that she’d had loved
- If I run 2 miles today and finish the 5k tomorrow then I’ve run more than 11 miles this week. When I realized that, I cried. I can’t explain how proud of myself I am. I’m tearing up now thinking about it.
- Cherries and nectarines are delicious right now.
- This pretty lady RSVP’d to the Picnic with a Judge and she’s bringing her super fun daughter.
- Even if the number on the scale refused to budge this week, I was trying on clothes for the weekend and I’m fitting in skirts/dresses that were questionable last year.
Bonus: I’m going to start baking again as soon as the temperature breaks and I have some amazing sounding cupcakes to try to make for the Picnic with a Judge. Stay tuned!
How about you? What’s making you happy? Any good news to share? What are you doing this weekend?