I’m down 4 lbs since my last check in, I can run a mile without stopping, can do 2 miles in 24:36 and am so close to a 15 lb lost that I can taste it. (Have to start thinking of a present for 15lbs!)
All that aside, there are a few things I’ve noticed that I’m (mostly) excited about:
- Not having to wiggle into my jeans and them zipping without effort.
- My boobs are deflating and this makes me sad, but hopeful that someday in the future I can buy reasonably sized bras.
- I’ll be returning to dance class (hopefully this week) at a lower weight than even before. I’m excited to see how this impacts my ability to spin around the pole and hopefully learn some new tricks!
- I wore a pair of shorts yesterday that were baggy in the butt (still a little tight in the waist, but doable) Not that long ago, they were fitting very snugly all the way around. (I’m sort of looking forward to going through the rest of my closet to see what fits now.)
And a few things I’ve learned in the last few weeks:
- Its really distracting to try and run with your pants falling down (I think for my 15lb reward, I’ll buy myself a new – smaller – pair.)
- Some days it’s a challenge to eat enough. I’m just not that hungry. I know I should really do it, but I figure I make up for it with the days I want to eat EVERYTHING.
- Running on a totally empty stomach is a mistake and I will come close to passing out in the shower.
- I’m still a little afraid of the tread mill. (At the gym, I’m afraid that I’ll fall and fly into the row behind me; at work I’m afraid I’ll trip and crash into the wall or mirror behind me.) I know, I know. It’s a silly thought, BUT I’m a klutz and it’s totally possible.
- In my yoga challenge, I’ve actually found a couple that I don’t mind so much and one that’s short enough that I’m about able to do it on my own. Do I see Yoga breaks in my office along with Dance Party breaks?
- While I still haven’t hit a “runner’s high” I’m looking forward to my scheduled runs…even if they don’t turn out the way I’d like them to.
That’s it for last week. My reach goal for this week is to lose 3 lbs and to run 11 miles.