I used to do something like this where I’d post something good about every day. Some days that was hard, but I usually managed to find something good about a day – even if it was that I didn’t punch someone in the face.
Some days are better than others, what can I say?
This year, I’m taking a different approach and posting 10 things I loved about this week.
Last week was a very difficult week. Several stressors added up and multiplied until Friday, those cracks I’ve been so careful to hold together just fell apart. I do believe that there were many good things, small things that I will try to remember so that I can forget the shaking, hot, sobbing mess that I was Friday night.
Here’s the eighth list of Things I loved from last week (aside from my dear dear friends who pulled me kicking and screaming through the week…even if they didn’t know they were doing it):
- Texts from my G-d Mother of my nephew passed out in silly spots. See?
- Work friends who come through in a pinch to cover you so you can have a day off
- Train rides (I love the T. It was seriously one of the reasons I wanted to move to Boston)
- A boss who will laugh with me at the ridiculousness in my life
- Getting to close to having lost 15 lbs I can taste it.
- Swimmers making huge progress
- Nice people to volunteer with
- Flip flops and slippers when I can’t wear an actual shoe
- Positive feedback
- Grapefruit and/or Mandarin Seltzer
What did you love about this week?