The good news is that I’m down 6.8 lbs from my starting weight, the not so good news is that I had hoped to do better. If wishes were fishes, right?
Rather than getting all discouraged, let’s talk about that number 6.8. (Numbers make me happy. They give order to my world and they’re good for comparisons.)
- It’s a little over 2 inches (combined) from various parts of my body)
- It’s roughly 6 lbs 13 ounces (the size of your average baby born at 38 weeks)
- It’s roughly 24 3/4 cups of flour by volume (or 1 1/3 5lb bags of flour)
- It’s the weight of 2 1/4 normal sized cans of Crisco
- It’s a deficit of 23,800 calories (either not consumed or burned off)
- It’s give or take 67 golf balls.
- It’s more than 25lbs of pressure off my knees when I go up a flight of stairs.
- It’s 13.6% of my over all weight loss goal.
Am I making progress? Yes. Am I where I want to be? No. Can I do better? Yes!
Time to step it up!
To help keep my eye on the prize (literally) I’ve devised a little reward system for myself. (What? I like presents, why not give myself some?)
I can’t decide if it should be Lost amount or Loss amount, whatever, it’s an internal tracking and doesn’t matter all that much. What matters is my rewards for doing hard work!
See that one that says, “SUPER HAIR CUT’? I’m hoping to do that before my friends wedding at the end of June. (About 7 weeks away) That’s really ambitious (2.5lbs a week) but I’m going to try.
As for the other rewards, I’ve decided that at 10lbs I’m going to get a new pair of shoes. They’re going to be fun ones, but ones that I can wear to the office too.
Other than the hair cut goal, I don’t have a time frame in mind for any of this, I’d like to hit the 20% mark by the wedding, but if I don’t I’m not going to freak out or anything.
So long as I’m making progress.
Now to decide what to fill those rewards in with! I’m open to suggestions and nothing practical like, “New work pants at 15lbs.” Pshaw. I have to do that anyway! Fun stuff, please
Eye on the prize. Little steps. I can do this. Right?
If you’re doing WW or another program and would like to check in with guest posts, I welcome you to guest post!