I had some questions about what the hell I was thinking when I put peanut butter and fruit slices on a whole wheat waffle. My question to them is, “Why aren’t you?”
Usually, I’d hold this til Friday, but I’m really excited to share it with you and planning to bring it for lunch tomorrow!
(It makes a great lunch or snack at work if you have a toaster at the office, which we do.)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Frozen waffle(s) of your choice. I use 2 Blueberry Eggos
- Two tablespoons peanut butter of your choice (more if you’re inclined, but I’m trying to keep my peanut butter consumption in line)
- Strawberries (or other berries of your choice) I slice up about a cups worth and just eat what I don’t put on the waffle.
Here’s what you do:
- Toast waffles.
- Slice Strawberries.
- Let waffles cool for just a bit so you can touch them. Spread peanut butter on waffles.
- Put strawberries on top of the peanut butter. Press down a little so they don’t fall off.
- Eat remaining berry slices.
- Enjoy your open face waffle sandwhich.
If you need a more detailed set of instructions email me and we’ll chat.
I’ve also been told this is good with bananas, but I really don’t like bananas so that’s not happening. I imagine this would be good with blueberries, peaches, or apples too. Maybe a little cinnamon too.
What would you put on it?