I have made the executive decision that April (being my birthday month) will have a theme. Won’t this be fun? My theme for April is “Yummy and Pretty”! Who’s in for this one?
What do I mean? I mean that I want April to be a month of personal indulgence. I want things to taste good and be pretty. (They don’t have to be both although I think I’ll claim bonus points for that if they are!)
I know what you’re thinking, you’re thinking, “Ok that’s all well and good, where’s the challenge though?”
Thank you for asking.
Here’s how that’s going to be a challenge:
- Yummy food that falls into my WW plan. This will require experimentation, trial and error and me being a guinea pig. I’ll be honest with you when I share what I come up with and if you try it (or have thoughts on it) I hope you’ll be honest with me too. (Although the only “Yummy” on this list, this is an every day thing.)
- Pretty Me. That guy I like says I’m pretty and most days I believe him, but I don’t think it’ll hurt to wear make-up more often (just picked up some new stuff in FL) and do my nails once a week (or more if I’m feeling it.) I also have great accessories…I just need to wear them. Also, more fun outfits to work. I’m slowly making it back to fitting into more of my clothes, time to break out some dresses, colorful tops and fun shoes. (Would anyone be interested in seeing photos of accessories and nail color? No offense taken if you don’t, just wondering.)
- I would like our apartment to be pretty again. I have half a dozen items to be hung on walls, cleaning to do and a bit more organizing of the front room to be finished. Let’s do it!
- Get back to “yoga” and working out again. I feel prettier when I’m not feeling flabby. I’m a little sad that they cancelled the class I wanted to try at the gym (cross between dance and yoga), but maybe I can find something like it.
- Pretty mind so much of life (at least mine) is how I’m looking at a situation or obstacle. This month I want to focus on keeping my thoughts in a good place regarding my abilities, my body and frustrations in my life.
- And make more Yummy and Pretty things!
I’m working on this one this month:
Something that I’m reminded of often by one of the guys who works at the gym where I teach is that while it’s best to do something most days, if you haven’t been doing anything in a long time, some days even a little is better than nothing…and 10 minutes three times a day is still 30 minutes if that’s how you can get it done.
That’s it for me! What are you working on this month?