Fall’s here*. Technically there are some more days to summer, but there is one tree outside my office window that is starting to turn and more can’t be far behind.
I seriously love Fall. Lower temperatures, pretty views, apple related food, cozy sweaters, Wine Tasting Tour, Ladies Day Crafting, the list could go on. (Note that Wine Tour and Ladies Day Crafting can’t make this list because I’m already committed to going.)
Things I wanted to get done this summer sort of got pushed to the side in order to get things done for the Picnic with a Judge and I’m ok with that. I do have a bunch of things I want to get accomplished for the fall though.
(*For the purposes of this list, Fall will go from now til Thanksgiving/First week of December where in my mind, winter actually starts. Don’t bother arguing, it’ my blog, I get to set the rules. This gives me about 90 days to get all of this accomplished.)
To make things easier and satisfy my slight OCD, I’ve grouped what I want to do accordingly.
- Jump start on holiday crocheting with ideally 80% of the list taken care of before Thanksgiving
- Design and get materials together for holiday cards. I’m thinking this is fun although a little ambitious. I need about 100 cards but they shouldn’t be Christmas per say. I’m thinking New Year’s are good. I’ll figure something out.
- Design recipe art to give to family and friends and other digitally inspired art as appropriate.
- Repurpose Mehmere’s jewelry.
- Finish the design for my next tattoo
- Lose 10 more pounds (plus the 3ish I gained back) – This might be slightly ambitious, but I’ll try!)
- Run 2-4 times a week
- Swim 2-4 times a week
- Get back up to running 3.1 miles and 1800 yards in the pool. Do it comfortably.
- Box up clothes that are too big
- Use crock pot twice a month or more
- Pick out cookie recipes for holiday baking
- Go through closets and drawers
- Deep clean the apartment
- Make more soups. I miss soups.
Friends & Family
- Find a place for Apple Picking (if we can, the weather messed this up royally) if we can’t do this, then some other sort of fun outside fall thing to do not involving hay.
- Visit Chicago for a Thanksgiving long weekend
- Visit Nanny & Pop
- Meet up with Cassie for a Sister’s Day
- Write and mail 10 cards/notes/letters AND finally mail out prizes (sorry guys, I suck sometimes.)
- Share more of the photos I’ve been taking with one of my super fun wedding gifts and cell phone. This might be over on my Tumblr though.
- Reorganize my Pinterest and start trying (and blogging) the results.
- Participate in and write up Reader Assigned Task/adventure/challenges
- Read the books assigned to me through Red Letter Reads (more on this later)
- Line up Guest Posts for the week I’ll be away in October.
Sure I’ll be busy, but being busy keeps me out of trouble.
What do you want to do this Fall?